Advertisement

.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dream Role of Rica Peralejo as a Mother


Dream Role of Rica Peralejo as a Mother

Dream Role of Rica Peralejo as a Mother

After giving birth to her first child, actress Rica Peralejo was at a loss for words to describe how it feels to become a mother.

In an exclusive interview with ABS-CBN News' Ginger Conejero, the 32-year-old likened her son, Philip Nathaniel, to something she didn't really "deserve" and "didn't really work for."

"I guess, hindi mo talaga ma-e-explain. Ineffable. There are no words. It's just everyday when I see Philip, I see something I don't really deserve, something I didn't really work for, something so precious, beyond your imagination," she confessed.

"But there he is and you can call him yours," she added.


A smiling Peralejo recalled how at the age of 18, she already dreamt of playing her "dream role" as a mother.

"Parang everytime na I'm asked on what my dream role, ito na 'yun. I've always wanted to be a mom," she said.

Peralejo added that achieving her dream has made her understand the gravity of the sacrifices her parents had to make when she was born herself, back in 1981.

"Costly pala talaga ang parenthood. Masaya, masarap na may newborn pero ang dami talagang costs, sacrifices. So I ask, do I continue to be blessing to my parents? Because at one point in their lives, they have to stop a lot of things just to care for me," she said.
Asked whether she thinks she has the tendencey of becoming an overprotective parent, Peralejo nodded in agreement but said that she told her husband, Joseph Bonifacio, to call her out whenever that happens.

"Ngayon ko lang naintindihan kung bakit ganun kalalim 'yung feelings ng isang ina. Kasi sa simula pa lang magkasama na kayo," she said.

Peralejo admitted that she would like her her son to stay away from the world of show business. "Ayaw ko kasi alam ko yung mga sakit, hirap. I would like my son to do other things," she said.

The actress also shared her plan to leave showbiz, saying that she would want to focus on building a family and being a mother.

"I'm just not sure if I'm ever going back," she said. "Ang hirap sabihin na namimiss mo 'yung work pag ganito pa lang anak mo. Because at this stage, all you want to do is to be a mom to this child."

Showing no sings of postpartum wear, Peralejo revealed that she would like to have five children.

"For us kasi, hindi na rin naman ako ganun kabata. Gusto ko na rin sunud sunurin kasi gusto kong maraming anak. Parang ang sarap din na one go na lang, hindi yung patigil tigil ka pa," she said.


source

RELATED ARTICLES

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More